- Log into your Hetzner Account or KonsoleH account by going to https://myaccount.hetzner.co.za
- Under Services, click on the domain name / hosting account in question.
- On the left, under “Domain details”, choose “Manage Services”.
- Under “Manage Services”, click on “Manage DNS”.
- On the top of the page you will find the A Records. If you want to direct the website to say a WIX site or Shopify, You will only need to change the @ and the www records. Keep the email record unchanged. If say you want to direct the entire website hosting to another host, you are going to have to change the @, www and email records. In this particular case we only want to redirect the domain to a Shopify website and keep the email. Thus we only need to change the www and @ record.
Remember an @ record is also sometimes referred to as just an ” . “
This what you should see
- Enter your new IP address in the @ Destination box and click update. Do the same to the www Destination
- Log out
- Remember that it can take a few hours for the DNS to update.